|Founder. Adrian founded “Adams Stirling PLC” and quickly grew his firm into a
preeminent boutique firm specializing in corporate representation of
common interest developments from resorts to retirement communities to
mixed-use communities to property owner associations and everything in
between. His firm represents over 2,000 common interest developments throughout California.
extensive background in the community association industry, Adrian Adams
is one of the leading attorneys in California specializing in common
interest developments. His practice includes highrise condominiums,
stock cooperatives, business parks, lake associations, golfing
communities, equestrian associations, and ocean-front communities.
Expert Witness. Adrian serves as an expert witness
on standards of care issues involving association boards and managers
and has testified extensively on issues involving maintenance, mold,
rules enforcement, budgets, reserves, governing documents, management,
operations and the like.
Speaking and Writing. Adrian regularly speaks and writes about matters affecting the industry. Following is a sampling:
• Writes a popular weekly newsletter and blog with analysis and commentary on legal trends in the industry.
• Created and writes content for Davis-Stirling.com, an award winning resource for the community association
• Created and writes content for CommercialCID.com, a popular resource for commercial common interest developments.
• Guest speaker for the
California State Bar and regularly speaks at industry-related events
• Panelist for continuing legal education
programs for attorneys.
• Publishes a biennial salary survey of onsite managers throughout
California which tracks trends related to income, gender, education,
average age, and certification of managers.
Adrian J. Adams Esq.
ADAMS | STIRLING PLC
2566 Overland Ave., Suite 730
URL of Map
Connect with Adrian J. Adams Esq. on LinkedIn
Juris Doctorate. Southwestern School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
Masters in Business Administration. Anderson School, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with
minors in Chemistry and Biology from San Jose State.
• Created curriculum for and taught Association Management and Law for tens year for UCLA Extension.
• Legal adviser on condominium
law and smoke-free housing issues to the Technical Assistance Legal
Center, a project of the Public Health Institute.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the CIDLAW Organization.
• Past member of the Boards of Directors of the Los Angeles and Orange County chapters
of the Community Associations Institute.
• Delegate to California Legislative Action Committee.
• Former President of the Foundation for California Community Association Education.
• Founding member of the "Critical Issues Think Tank" of the Foundation of Community Association Research.
US Marine Corps, specializing in aviation electronics in F-4 Phantom fighter jets